Our home - the "Gorski Kotar"/Croatian Highland area - provides a large variety of terrain for cycling and mountain biking. The tour we offer you here combines some absolute gems of nature with mostly easy downhill or level cycling along the Kupa River.
- Visit Risnjak National Park, the breath-taking source of Kupa River, the "valley of butterflies" and the Upper Kupa River all in one day!
- We drive you up, then we let you ride down most of the time and pick you up at the end!
- Only 1h from Rijeka/Kvarner Bay area, 1,5h from Zagreb, 2h from Istria
- Beginners can participate
- Children from 8 years old are welcome
- Meeting Point
- Duration of the trip
- Min./max. Participants
- Prices & availability
- Included in the price
- Not included in the price
- Intensity of the trip
- Normal physical ability
- Minimum age of 8 years accompanied by a parent
- No previous experience is necessary
- If you are allergic to bee stings, have suffering from heart issues or similar chronic diseases, please tell us prior to the trip
- Transportation to the starting point
- Use of bicycles and helmets
- Experienced guide will instruct you and show you the way
- Map of the route
- Local entry tickets and fees
- Food and drinks
- Getting to the meeting point (but we can pick you up in Delnice)
- Water bottle/bladder
- Snacks / food
- Small backpack
- Personal clothing fitted for the current weather conditions in the mountains
- Necessary personal medicine, if you use it
Description of the trip
On this trip you experience the natural beauty of the Risnjak mountains, the Kupa river source, the "valley of butterflies" and the rest of the Upper Kupa valley, all in one day. Because we meet you at the top and pick you up at the bottom, it is not hard cycling - no need for an e-bike - you just enjoy the beautiful ride!
From our meeting point at the National Park's visitor centre you make your way to the Kupa River source, which is (at least!) 168m, rich turquoise-coloured and crystal-clear – you have probably never seen something like this! From there you roll down the "valley of butterflies", as the first part of the Kupa valley is called and follow the river down on well-paved local roads. You may decide to cross over into Slovenia for part of the trip, stopping for lunch at a local restaurant there. In the village of Brod na Kupi there is restaurant and café option, and from there it's just a short ride to our nearby rafting base camp on the smaller Kupica River. That is where we will wait for you, load up the bikes and transport you back to the meeting point.
It's simple, it's beautiful - what can we say? It's perfect!
- Arrival at the meeting point (Visitor Centre Risnjak National Park)
- Preparing for the trip
- Instructions and directions
- 3-4 h of cycling with breaks
- End of the trip at our river base camp, loading up bicycles
- Transfer back to the meeting point