- Amazing world of flora and fauna
- 1 h from Zagreb and 1 h from Rijeka
- Calmer option but still very interesting
- Beginners can participate
- Children from 4 y.o. are welcome
- New option: Take a raft for light family rafting!
- Meeting Point Location
- Duration of this trip
- Min. Participants
- Included in the price
- Not included in price
- Intensity of the trip
- New! Take a family raft!
- 3-5 hours
- Normal physical ability
- Minimum age of 4 years accompanied by a parent
- No previous experience necessary
- If you are allergic to bee stings, had heart attacks before or similar chronic diseases you should tell us prior the trip
When you book the trip you will get a booking confirmation if the trip goes as scheduled.In the case there aren't enough participants for organizing the trip, we will offer you an alternative date or you will get a full refund.
For this trip we use mini-rafts or kayaks (brand: Aqua Design or Rob Fin) with 2-3 seats, which are very stable and durable. If you book a "family raft", you get a Aqua-Design raft with 8 seats. We also provide all the safety equipment: life jacket, helmet, as well as neoprene shoes, wet suit (if needed) and dry boxes. We exclusively use first-rate, European-manufactured equipment with the CE-certificate for conformity with European health, safety, and environmental protection standards.
- Transportation to the starting point
- Use of all necessary equipment
- A licensed guide, who will instruct you
- Local taxes and fees
- Food and drinks
- Getting to the meeting point
- Pictures from the trip
- Swimming shorts/costume
- Beach shoes
- Drinking water
- Snacks, food, sunscreen
- Necessary personal medicine, if applicable
- Instead of smaller boots, you can get a raft for 4-8 people (with smaller children up to 10).
- Cooler box for your drinks and sandwiches included
- Float down the river all in one boat
- No need for a guide - you steer the raft
- You can let us know during booking that you would like the rafting option
A true wilderness experience in the Croatian highland is waiting for you on the upper Kupa River. You will have a great time in nature, even if the water is not warm enough to swim in. This tour is calmer than our "Rafting/Kayaking Adventure on Kupa River" and you can easily participate without former experience. A professional guide will accompany you to the start and he/she will give you all necessary instructions and training in basic paddling skills before sending you off.
There are 7 old water dams with rapids on each, which are manageable for you by yourself and make for good excitement. You may paddle the parts in between the rapids in whatever pace you like. Take breaks for picnic, swimming, refreshing yourself at freshwater springs or in waterfalls.
In the end of the trip, we wait for you at the shore, help you with the equipment and with changing into dry clothes and then transfer you up a short way back to the meeting point.
It's easy to get to this tour, if you are staying in the Kvarner bay area with its islands, Istria or the Zagreb area.
"Light Family Rafting"-Option
If you like, you can paddle down the river in a raft for 4-8 people. If you have small children, you can fit up to 10 people. If you are a group of big guys, 6 people is the maximum. Float down the river, all in one boat, enjoy nature and share the task of paddling. This is the chill-trip, not the adrenaline version! No need for a guide to steer the raft, you can do it yourself.
If the raft gets stuck on some rocks, you simple have everyone get out and go for a swim, while someone push the boat back into deeper water.
The Family Raft comes with a cooler box for your drinks and sandwiches. You can bring a water-proof radio/bluetooth box for your own music, if you like. This is another great way to enjoy the beautiful Kupa Valley!
If you would like to take a raft, there is a box you can check for that during the booking process.
- Arrival at the meeting point
- Preparing for the trip
- Transfer to the starting position
- Safety instructions
- Start of the trip
- 3-4 h of canoeing, including breaks
- End of the trip, changing into dry clothes and transfer to the meeting point