Rafting, Kayaking Zrmanja Highlights
- The most beautiful river on the North-Dalmatian coast
- Half hour from Zadar and 1.5h south of Plitvice Lakes
- Beginners can participate
- Children from 6 y.o. are welcome
- Included in the price
- Not included in price
- Intensity of the trip
- 5 hours
- Normal physical ability
- Minimum age of 6 years accompanied by parent
- No previous experience is necessary
- If you are allergic to bee stings, have had heart attacks before or similar chronic diseases you should tell us that prior to the trip.
- Use of all necessary equipment
- Licensed guide
- Local taxes and fees
- Parking in the base camp
- Transportation back to the starting point
- Transfer to / from the attraction
- Pictures from the trip
- Beach shoes, if you have them
- Drinking water
- Snacks, sunscreen
- Necessary personal medicine, if applicable
Rafting, Kayaking Zrmanja - Description
The Rafting/Kayaking tour on Zrmanja River will show you the beauties of Velebit Nature Park and its 200 m deep Zrmanja canyon.
The first part of the route from the start to the mouth of the Krupa River is calm and perfect for practicing your paddle skills. After that we will go around Visoki buk (a 10m-high waterfall, the highest on the Zrmanja), which takes about 5 minutes walking. Then it's time for you to paddle down some waterfalls, which aren't so high.
The tour lasts approximately 4 hours in total, of which one hour is spent on occasional breaks and swimming. Paddling isn't hard or dangerous, and during the summer the water is clear and refreshing. We will pass a number of small and medium travertine barriers, ride down waterfalls, jump from cliffs and swim in crystal clear emerald water.
Pictures of Rafting, Kayaking Zrmanja